Tuesday 2 February 2016

In Principio



email to my friend:

Hi Claire

Yet another suggestion from my bibliophile friend!  I have often thought in the past two or three years how I wish I had started keeping a record of what I was reading.  Since I started the first book group I belonged to in 2003 I have read far more books than I had ever read in my lifetime to that point.  Hundreds ...............and I have no complete record although I have many, still, on my shelves.  Well, it is never too late but I know that I would struggle to keep a paper journal, aesthetically pleasing as that might be, so I am going to start a second blog, as a Book Journal and I have surfed a bit and looked at book blogs and the various approaches that people take.  I have some ideas and don’t want it to be too ambitious but what I like is that in addition to the reviews I tap out on my iPad for book group, I often ‘pen’ a few words in emails to people like you and I would cut and paste all that stuff and write some extra.......maybe.  So I now need to think about a name for my blog (thank you Ty), and create a profile.  How about you, do you like that idea?  The beauty is that we could look at each other’s electronic book journals.  As could thousands of other curious people.

Now look what you have done...............

3 comments: